Iron Mixologist 2017
On Monday March 6th, 2017, at the Cascade Room on Main Street, nearly 20 of the city's top bartenders competed for the title of Iron Mixologist and a invitation to the prestigious Giffard West Cup in Angers, France.
FIRST 20 COMPETITORS
- First 20 entries with recipes will be eligible to participate
- March 1st Midnight - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Final edits - March 3rd Midnight - HARD DEADLINE for final recipe edits, then the link will be removed
- Full re-writes of recipes not permitted, proportion changes and minimal ingredient swaps allowed
- Recipe must be an original Banana Liqueur cocktail, that has never been entered in another cocktail competition
- Recipes must be submitted in ml not oz, as per the Giffard international guidelines
- Minimum 15ml of feature product, Giffard Banane du Brésil
- Giffard Banane du Brésil must be noticeable in the cocktail
- Each Bartenders will have 6 minutes to prepare 3 identical cocktails for the judges
- No other cocktail restrictions
- Giffard Banane du Brésil
- Ice (small cubes) - you may bring your own "special ice" if required
- Competitors are required to bring ALL of their own bar equipment and ingredients (except, Banane du Brésil and ice)
- Competitors are required to bring their own glassware to present 3 cocktails, you will not be provided glassware
- 10:00 am - Bartenders Arrive
- 10:15 am - Random draw for order of competition
- 11:00 am - Competition Starts (There are two wells, so next competitor will set up while the other is presenting)
- 3:00 pm - Competition Ends
- Jay Jones "The Legend"
- Fiona Morrow "The Alchemist"
- Shaun Layton "Baby Faced Assassin"
- Judges will focus on taste, technique, hygiene, presentation, service
- Judges will be asking specific questions related to your cocktail during your 6 minute presentation, be prepared to answer accordingly (know your ingredients)
- Limit “inspiration stories” during presentation, this is NOT about your ability to make up a story
- 100 points available
Get your passport ready!
The winner will receive a trip to France and invitation to compete at the prestigious Giffard West Cup in Angers on June 6, 2017.
FULL AND ACCURATE information is necessary to qualify for the competition. Invite your industry friends to cheer you on!
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES please contact Maria Peters email@example.com